NEW in 2019 for Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Make your plans for holiday fun at Busch Gardens Williamsburg because Christmas Town is on the way! Here’s what we know about the 2019 celebration, what’s new and what is returning.
Beginning November 16, 2019, Busch Gardens Williamsburg will be transformed into Christmas Town.
This popular event lasts for 38 magical days and boasts one of the largest Christmas light displays in North America with more than 10 million lights!
“Christmas Town is one of our favorite times of the year, when all of Busch Gardens transforms into a magical holiday landscape. With endless bright lights, magnificent shows and thrilling new rides, our park is the place to be this holiday season,” said Jeff Thomas, interim park president for Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.
Read: Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg coming in 2020
What’s NEW for 2019 in Christmas Town
- Traditions Tree Maze presented by Coca-Cola© – Featuring nearly 500 fresh-cut Christmas trees that create a spectacular maze where park-goers can stroll around the globe and explore cultural and winter holiday traditions from places like South Africa, Japan, Israel and Mexico. Country of origin themed craft-making stations for the kids, picture-taking moments, music and lights make this immersive experience like no other.
- Believe – Guests can dine while enjoying inspirational holiday music performed by a solo pianist in the Italy’s San Marco Theatre.
- Finnegan’s Flyer™ – Take in the festive sights of Ireland swinging 80 feet above the cliffs of the Celtic coast. This extreme swing is not for the faint of heart, testing the bravest of riders as they swing at speeds of 45 mph. InvadR™ and Verbolten® roller coasters also will be available for park guests to enjoy.
Returning Favorites for 2019
- Christmas Town Express – The familiar Choo Choo! is back as the Busch Gardens Railway takes riders on a magical trip around the world’s most beautiful theme park. The experience will feature festive caroling, two million stunning Christmas lights and holiday-themed vignettes throughout the 1.5-mile tour.
- Wilkommenhaus – Located in the park’s German village, the Wilkommenhaus transforms into a fantastic visual Christmas spectacle through beautiful projection mapping. The sweet smell of Christmas treats from the Cookies & Cocoa Shop wafts through the air as virtual gingerbread men bring this festive village to life every 15-minutes during Christmas Town.
Grab your tickets and make your plans! Christmas Town is a great way to embrace the holiday spirit.
Busch Gardens is open from 2 – 10 p.m. on most Christmas Town operating days and 12 – 10 p.m. on Saturdays from Nov. 16 through Jan. 5. For more information and operating days, visit the official Christmas Town website.
Watch below to take a walk through the park during our recent visit to Busch Gardens Williamsburg!
What’s your favorite attraction?